More people stayed in and cooked meals at home this year than ever before, making food storage a major consideration for many homeowners.
For that reason, we’re taking a look at refrigerator trends from the past year. Not only do we want to keep up with which brands and models our customers are favoring, but we also want to understand what trends we can expect to see more of in years to come.
At the same time, homeowners like you can benefit from this information, too. If a new fridge is on the horizon for you, these are the things you should be on the lookout for.
So, with that being said, here are the six biggest refrigerator trends we noticed in 2021.
Top Refrigerator Trends This Year
- LG refrigerators consistently rank the highest in terms of general customer happiness. GE and Whirlpool refrigerators are close behind.
- Samsung models with built-in ice makers seem more likely to fail than other brands.
- Counter-depth refrigerators are increasing in popularity, with many people reporting plenty of storage capacity, better appearance in their kitchens, marginally improved energy efficiency, and high satisfaction levels overall.
- French-door styles are topping the best-seller lists at all of the big appliance retailers. Not only do people tend to prefer French-door models on an aesthetic level, but they also find that these models offer superior organization, layout, and shelving.
- Stainless steel is the reigning champion of finishes, despite complaints about fingerprints.
- Higher energy-efficiency ratings and more environmentally friendly refrigerants are growing in prevalence.
As always, if you’re experiencing any refrigerator problems of your own or you’re looking for some guidance on installation, don’t hesitate to give us a call. All Brands Appliance is standing by to help!