Maintaining your gas stove may seem like an intimidating task, but it doesn’t have to be. Once you understand what your gas stove needs, keeping it working properly can be simple.
Here are a few tips we’ve learned about maintaining your gas stove.
- Wipe down after every use. It’s important that you keep the top of your stove clean after every time you use it. This will prevent food and grime from building up on the surface.
- Wait until the stove has cooled to clean it. It might take a gas stove longer to cool down than an electric one, so keep that in mind.
- Clean grates and burners with soapy water. You can clean off tough messes this way, but always remember to wipe and dry them completely before returning them to the stove. Any water at all can harm your stove and cause it to stop working.
- Clean gas nozzles without using chemicals. Since the nozzles have to ignite to work, using chemicals can cause unpleasant fumes or even start fires! Make sure that when you are cleaning the areas around your gas nozzles, you are only using chemical-free cleaners.
- Clean out clogged burner holes with a pipe-cleaner. There are also special cleaning implements that you can buy to do this, but any pipe cleaner will work fine. Sometimes food debris clogs up the holes in the burners, preventing the burner from starting. Make sure to clean it all out regularly.
- Regular igniter service is key. Make sure that you have your igniter serviced at least every year. This can keep burners from needing to be replaced before their time, and it allows your stove to live up to its best potential.
By following these tips, you can take care of your gas stove on a safe, regular basis. It’s quick and easy and might save you money in the long run!
However, if you have concerns or need advice about your gas stove, don’t hesitate to contact All Brands Appliance Repair!